xQuiZit - The Quizzing Club of IMNU Presents the much awaited Sports Quiz. The Quiz was conducted online on Friday, October 30, 2009. A Journey through Cricket Pitches, Football Stadiums, Tennis Courts, F1 Tracks, Boxing Arenas, and much more, the Quiz turned out to be a spectacular event unveiling hidden knowledge banks that IMNUites had been carrying over their shoulders.
3 IMNU Quizzers ended up fighting for the TOP SPOT with 17 Correct Answers…
We had Pratish Nair (FT-II), Rushi Vasani(FT-II) and Vipul Yadav (FT-I) emerging as IMNU Sports Quizzing Champs.
Team xQuiZit Congratulates the 3 Winners.
For the inquisitive souls and sports aficionados, here goes the entire quiz along with the answers:
SPORTZ QUIZ – October 30, 2009
1. International, Elite, Associates and affiliates, are panels related to which sport?
2. Identify the personality:
3. He is the father of a Bollywood actress new in industry. Also a renowned badminton player ranked among top ten in the world for almost a decade. His biography was released on 11 Jan 2006.
4. Identify the footballer whose career went from:
5. Which former ATP tennis player was nicknamed "Kalashnikov?"
6. Name the only Test cricketer to have won a Olympic hockey gold medal.
7. He played football at under-18 level for Scotland, and cricket for three countries. Name him.
8. This movie was based on the true story on the life of a famous boxer. Name him.
10. Identify? [Hint: Formula 1]
11. Who played against Brian Lara when he scored his 501 not out for Warwickshire, and was West Indies' 12th man when he scored his 375 against England?
13. Identify Him
14. Identify? [Hint: Of Indian Origin]
15. An accomplished cricketer and coach, he devised Zimbabwe's car registration system and his sister captained the Zimbabwe women's field hockey team which won the gold medal in the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow. Name him.
16. He was accompanied by “Dickie Bird” on his first Test Appearance. 1983 was his first world cup. Match between West Indies and Pakistan in 2005 was his last match.
17. Name the team that should replace the Question Mark [Hint: A F1 Driver’s transition from first to last team]
18. Connect the 6 Pics
19. Identify the tournament played at this famous stadium
20. Identify Him
SPORTZZ QUIZ ANSWERS
2. Steve Bucknor
3. Prakash Padukone
4. Ruud Van Nistelrooy
5. Yevgeny Kafelnikov
6. Jack MacBryan played one Test for England and won hockey gold in with the England
team in the 1920 Olympics
7. Douglas Brown
8. James Braddock
9. Usain Bolt
10.Juan Manuel fangio (World’s first formula 1 world champion)
12.First to score 6 sixes in a over in different formats of cricket (ODI’s, first
14.Michael Chopra (first player of Indian origin to play and score in EPL)
15.Duncan Fletcher. His sister Ann Grant captained the Zimbabwe women's field hockey
18.They won Golden Boot Award in last World Cups
20.Glenn Jacobs (Kane)
HOPE YOU GUYS HAD FUN…!!!!!!!!!!